Check out the giveaway at the bottom of the post …
From 16 to 20 January 2013, Ciné Lumière at the Institut Français will hold the second edition of Totally Serialized, the French and British TV Series Festival. It will showcase the best of new productions from both sides of the Channel and also European TV shows on the big screen – with actors, screenwriters and directors in attendance.
On Wednesday 16 January, there will be a panel on TV screenwriting with Jack Thorne (The Fades, This is England), Ashley Pharoah (Life on Mars) and French screenwriters such as Franck Philippon (Maison Close).
– Premiere of the first episode of Spiral series 4, introduced by actor Grégory Fitoussi
– Conversation with Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville
– Night of Doctor Who fun with scary episodes, a masterclass with writer Toby Whithouse, fancy dress, music, quizzes and more
– Screening of the first episode of the mini-series Labyrinth, based on the multi-million selling novel by Kate Mosse, followed by a panel Q&A with key creatives
– World premiere of Jo attended by Jean Reno
– UK premieres of hot Scandinavian TV series Real Humans and innovative French shows Rebound, Spin, and The Church Men
– World premiere of Flight of the Storks directed by renowned filmmaker Jan Kounen
– Comedy marathon of French and British sitcoms (The Thick of It, Peep Show, Kaboul Kitchen, Workingirls, Desperate Parents)
– A screening of the very first episode of Skins followed by a Q&A with creator Bryan Elsley.
The Twitter tag for the festival is #TotallySerialized
The lovely peeps at the festival have charged me with giving away a ticket to The TV Writing Panel on January 16th, which would also get you in to the premiere of Rebound, organised by Canal+. I’m told Rebound is an absolutely brilliant show, a kind of French Twin Peaks with locals coming back from the dead.
Simply comment on this blog post, leaving your name & email address or Twitter handle by 5pm GMT 24th Dec, 2012, plus any links to writing online you think best showcase your skills. I will notify the winner on 27th December, 2012. Please note: the winner must be available to attend the festival on Jan 16th and to report back for B2W on this blog.