Check out the links below for free stuff – downloads, podcasts, video, articles and more. If you discover any links are broken or wrong, please contact me.
Free PDF Downloads:
Not sure what how screenplay formatting works? Want to know what should go in a one page pitch? Or perhaps you’re looking for tips for your female characters, how to format your ebook, or what to write in your thriller? Then check out the most popular B2W downloads below!
Get A Free Ebook & Email Mini-Course
SIGN UP HERE to grab your free ebook, as well a mini-course on writing craft, delivered straight to your email inbox. In How Not To Write Female Characters, you will find:
– WHO your character is & how to avoid “classic” traps and pitfalls
– WHAT mistakes writers typically make with female characters
– WHERE you can find great female characters in produced and published content
– WHEN to let go of gender politics and agendas
– WHY female characters are more important than ever
B2W is on a mission to improve your writing, as well as enable diverse voices and characters to rise to the top of the spec pile. GET YOUR COPY HERE or click on the pic on the left.
Join Bang2writers on Facebook!
Bang2writers is a safe, supportive space for writers to chat about writing; ask for advice; post inspiration; share links (including their own work); post peer review call-outs; plus share their writing news, such as placing in contests, getting meetings, deal and options — and much more. JOIN HERE TODAY.
Like what you see? Sharing is caring — please check out my books and/or share my Amazon page online. Thanks!
More articles and free tips after the jump
B2W Top 25 Articles
Articles that will help with craft, format, careers, submissions and much, much more:
1. How to Write TV Series Bibles
2. 6 Tips On Writing A One Page Pitch For Your Script Or Novel
3. What’s The Difference Between Horror & Thriller? Case Study: WIND CHILL (2007)
4. How To Put Together A Writer’s CV / Resumé
5. Which Screenwriting Software Is The Best? (Paid For & Free)
6. Top 5 Ways Writers Screw Up Their Characters
7. 29 Ways NOT To Submit To An Agent by BFLA’s Carole Blake
8. How To Become A Script Reader
9. Screenplay Format: The B2W One Stop Shop
10. Loglines Are Not Taglines
11. 5 Openers That Make Readers GROAN
12. 10 Ways To Revitalise Your Scene Description
13. 3 Tips To Get Your Work Solicited Via Email – And Not Blow It
14. 9 Steps To Get Your Spec TV Pilot Written, Edited & Sent Out
15. No Unsolicited Material … So Get It Solicited
16. Are You Making Any Of These 20 Killer Errors In Your Screenplay’s Scenes?
17. Good Examples: Voiceover, Flashback, Montage, Intercut, Dream Sequence
18. 8 Mistakes That Will Kill Your Horror Screenplay DEAD
19. Top 20 Quotes For Writing Success
20. How To Maximise Your Portfolio
21. 6 Ways To Annoy The Crap Out Of People Online
22. How To Write Screenplay Outlines, Beat Sheets And Treatments
23. 7 Things Readers Can Tell About Your Script On Page 1
24. 2 Things ALL Writers Get Wrong In Early Drafts
25. 7 Things You Must Stop Doing If You Want To Be A Professional Writer
B2W on Podcasts:
- Lucy V Hay on @thecreativepenn podcast
- Lucy V Hay on The BritFlicks Podcast
- Lucy V Hay on The On The Page Podcast
- Lucy V Hay on Indie Film Hustle